Saturday, May 3, 2008

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty


I just got out of the shower smelling like Bath and Body Works' White Cherry Blossoms...and that is really my preferred state of being, clean and smelling pretty. Today I went with some of the other teachers to hike the Muela de Diablo (the devil's tooth). And I finally decided, no matter how much I try to enjoy the outdoorsy hiking, mountain climbing thing, I am always going to prefer to be a ballerina girl. It's just who I am and how God made me, and I am content with that. I also discovered that my fear of heights is in no way imagined, but very real as I stumbled my way back down the peak hoping and praying I wouldn't fall to my death. Now, even though I have made these discoveries about myself, that doesn't mean I am going to stop trying the outdoorsy thing. I will still try at least one backpacking trip and random hikes here and there...I will even someday try the rock climbing. However, I am going to be more realistic about who I am and not get frustrated when I am not enjoying it the same way others do. And it's not like there isn't anything I enjoy....the views you get to see when you make it to the top are definitely amazing and unlike anything you would see if you stayed on the ground. I spent a lot of this afternoon laying out in the sun on a rock on the top of a mountain just soaking in some of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. If only that was how you got to end the excursion...and not by having to climb down :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

That's such a beautiful view!
When you get back, we'll all go camping and you and I can pretend to be outdoorsy people. :?)