I arrived at school this moring to news that almost sent me over the edge. One of the little boys in my class has struggled with brain tumors since the age of 3 months. He has had multiple surgeries in his 9 years, one in chile which left his left side paralyzed and his left eye blind. He recently missed the entire second quarter of this year because of complications and having to go to the United States for more surgeries. This morning I learned that the valve in his brain that drains the liquid caused by the tumors that puts pressure on his brain has closed completely and he needs emergency surgery in LA. He won't be able to fly out until Thursday or Friday and he is not in good shape right now. Most likely he won't be back for the rest of the year. First, I can't imagine being 9 and dealing with all of this. Second, I can't imagine needing emergency surgery and having to wait to get a flight to another country for it. Third, he is so far behind already, I have no idea what to do for him academically. Where is he going to end up?
Lord, I don't know how much more I can take...
No comments:
Post a Comment