Have you ever turned a corner and the sight before you just made you gasp? You couldn't help it, the beauty you were facing caused a small exclamation to leave your lips. It was just so amazing that you couldn't keep it in, it required a spoken word, or sound.
Tonight I was in the back of our director's Patrol, driving down the mountain from El Alto. We had been celebrating the birthday party of a dear friend who lives in El Alto serving with Word Made Flesh. It is such a strange thing. I can see El Alto from my bedroom window, yet it takes almost an hour to get there because it is about 2,000 ft up. Tonight was perhaps only the second time I have driven down from it at night. As we were coming out of the city and onto the winding, twisty road that would take us back down to La Paz, we turned a corner and...below us, like a million tiny little stars, were the lights of the entire city of La Paz shining up at us. It was breathtaking. I wish I had a picture to share, but I don't think it would do it justice. It is just something you have to experience. I had always heard La Paz was the city where you look down to see the stars and tonight, for the first time, I saw the truth in that statement. Wow.
If you have never had that feeling, that feeling of being face to face with absolute beauty, of not being able to stop an exclamation from escaping your lips, you should come visit me. This is a place where you can turn any corner and be face to face with true beauty, true majesty. And being face to face with beauty like this is something I think everyone should experience, because it gives us just a tiny glimpse of what is waiting for us when finally get to our eternal home and face to face with our eternal father.
1 comment:
i can't tell you how much i would love to come and visit you :)
Post a Comment