Lately, I have found myself in a very low place. I have felt burdened and found no rest from the aching that is in my heart. For a while, it felt hopeless. However, recently I have found hope for a better time. I have begun reading through the Psalms again, and it is amazing how many speak to my soul and where it is right now. So many of the Psalms began with the writer crying out in desperation to the Lord, but they end with the steadfast faith that the Lord is there, hearing his cries, and will deliver him and give him peace. And that is where I am now....still crying out in desperation, but standing firm in the truth and promises that Lord will see me through. Yesterday, after reading several Psalms I began making a playlist of songs that bring me hope, there are so many, but here are lines from a few that are speaking to me right now:
Blesssed be your name,
on the road marked with suffering,
when there is pain in the offering,
Blessed be your name
My Savior loves, My Savior lives, My Savior's always there for me
Have you been giving in to all these masquerades?
It will be gone, forever gone.It will be gone, it will be gone
Let this old life crumble, let it fade.
Let this new life offered be your saving grace.
Let this old life crumble, let it fade, let it fade.
Our hope is drenched in You
Our faith has been renewed
We trust in Your every word
Nothing else can even measure up to You.
No comments:
Post a Comment