We will get to the tooth mouse in a second. It has been a beautiful weekend so far. At first I wasn't sure how possible it would be to enjoy any of this weekend, considering I am suffering from a cold at 12,000 ft...where respitory ailments seem to hit you hard. When you barely have enough air to breathe on a normal day, add a stuffy nose and chest congestion and it's just plain impossible at times to find enough air. But...in spite of all this it has been wonderful.
Friday night my roommate and dear friend, Kristen, and I decided to just take it easy. We decided we were in need of some comfort food so we headed to the only American restaurant in the city...Burger King. If you don't understand, try living in a third world country. You begin to appreciate the little things. We then returned home, climbed into my huge king size bed and settled down to watch the first good movie we had seen in weeks...Once. It's amazing, it's beautiful...you should see it. After the movie we just laid there, discussed the possibility of another movie, but ended up just talking for 3 more hours. All in all, a great night!
Saturday (today) I woke up still sick so I decided to take it easy all day. I think I got out of bed 5 times all day. But it was nice. I watched Gilmore Girls, did some work, watched a movie, did some more work, read a little, and by 6:00 was starving and feeling much better. Kristen and I decided we needed a little more excitement than the night before so we headed up to the city for dinner and movie (I know, basically the same as the night before...but this time it was in a theater..much more exciting!). We got some pizza, and then chocolate cheesecake and frushakes from Alexander's (not the healthiest weekend ever, but definitely a delicious one!). We had time to kill before the movie, so we walked around the Prado (the main street in the city). I had a drunk man spray water in my face and then my bum...leaving me feeling violated and annoyed, but it didn't ruin the night. We saw The Bucket List. Not a movie I was dying to see, but was willing to watch in order to see a movie in a theater. And it turned out to be a really cute movie. We are two for two so far this weekend, probably because we are the ones actually choosing the movies for once. Of course, only in Bolivia would a couple sit down in the seat right next to your's when the theater is practically empty. Spanish subtitles also always add a little bonus entertainment. For example...when Jack Nicholson asks if there is a sugar plum fairy, it was translated "hay un raton de los dientes?" (is there a mouse of the teeth?). Sugar plum fairy... tooth mouse?!?! hmm...you just have to wonder sometimes.
Tomorrow the plan is to do some major art shopping in the city, then hang out with the kids at the river and then have our weekly roommate cooking and prayer time. A perfect ending to a great weekend. And now...I plan to fall asleep to the rumbles of thunder in the distance. Really, it is amazing how God knows just what you need, even when you yourself don't.
1 comment:
So glad to see you're blogging! Sounds like a fun weekend. Mine included many similar elements. :) Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment