Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sexy on the Inside...

So I have sat down to blog several times this week, but nothing ever came to me. I think it partly comes from not having anything new to say, but at the same time having so much going on in my mind that I can't get it all out in any way that makes any sense. But last night I was reading Sex God by Rob Bell and a few parts really jumped out at me and so I thought I would share (If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it!).

"Some of the most comforting words in the universe are 'me too.'" -how true is this?! I always say that my friendship with my best friend started just like the old quote that says "Friends are born the moment you say, 'What, you too? I thought I was the only one!'" It began during a late night chat turned into an early morning heart to heart where every other sentence out of our mouths was the above one.

"..God has left the world unfinished. And with every action, we're continuing the ongoing creation of the world. The question is, What kind of world are we creating?"- hmm, food for thought.

"You can't be connected with God until you're at peace with who you are...And if you can't come to terms with who you are and the life you've been given, you'll never be able to accept others and how they were made and the lives they've been given. And until you're at peace with God and those around you, you will continue to struggle with your role on the planet, your part to play in the ongoing creation of the universe. You will continue to struggle and resist and fail to connect."

I love books that make you think :)

No comments: