Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kids and Hunting...

So today we were reading a book together as a class and in the book they are talking about hunting. One of my boys, raises his hand and tells me with a completely straight face, "Miss, in April my grandpa and me are going to go hunting and we are going to shoot orphans and eat them." He used the spanish word for orphans so I repeated it back to him to make sure I heard him right and he insisted...they were going to hunt orphans. When I told him that orphans are people and we dont shoot and eat people he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, that's what grandpa said." I honestly had no response and just had to keep reading.

This same kid continued to entertain me today with dramatic stories to explain why he could not be nice to his friends (well according to him they were not his friends...hence the problem)...it had something to do with him wanting to be like Shaggy and Scooby on his favorite show. However to get the most out of this story you would have to talk to me in person and get full impressions...it's the only way to fully enjoy the story.

Sometimes the hardest part of being a teacher is keeping a straight face when your kids are being crazy and they don't know it...

No comments: