Monday, February 20, 2012

Steps of Grace

After several long months, I have decided to return to my blog.  It is an idea I have been playing around with for a while now. I do enjoy writing and have missed the creative outlet. However, I have struggled to find a cohesive idea for my writing. Before it was simple, I simply recorded the adventures of living in Bolivia. Nowadays,  life does not seem so interesting. Does anyone really care about the daily thoughts and ponderings of a first grade teacher in an urban school in the middle of the United States? Do I have anything to offer anymore? I realize that these questions that have plagued me for months are actually rooted in the deep dissatisfaction I find in life these days. From the glamour of overseas living to the dull daily routine of a young single public school teacher living at home, my life has drastically changed. Yet what I have begun to realize is that while outwardly my life has changed, I have not. I am still that same person who climbed mountains in Bolivia and played with the River kids. I still have a desire to touch the hearts of children for eternity. I still love travelling and adventures. I still hate injustice and desire to right the many wrongs in the world. I still have big dreams, and best of all I have a big God who turns our dreams into an even greater reality.   Right now I am being asked to wait and to grow and to seek Him. I know something more will come, but now I am being asked to find contentment in less.

As I pondered this new beginning to my blog, I wondered about a name change.  However, I think the name Steps of Grace is even more appropriate now than ever. The name comes from the worship dance troupe that  I was a part of in college. However, the truth it proclaims is one that transcends dance. Every morning I wake up and take a step out of bed, it is because of the grace of God. His grace allows me to live the life I desire and gives me the desire to live the life He wills. And that is what this blog will become, a place to record these steps, big or small, that will become a part of the life He has called me to.

No comments: