Tuesday, July 13, 2010

waiting...

i've now been home over a month. i've spent time with my adorable little niece. i've cherished the last week with sarah, my friend and roommate from bolivia. i've seen almost every single member of my family, both sides (all 50-some of them). i've attended two weddings. i've watched 21 movies and countless episodes of gilmore girls. i've read 10 books. and i've applied to schools in denver, cincinnati, virginia, and north carolina. and i still don't have a job. i still haven't heard anything at all back from anyone i have contacted or applied to. and while i could easily panic...and often come close...i also continue to rest in that peace that passes understanding.

it's hard to think of much to write. i am just waiting. yet while i wait, i plan to continue to live and enjoy each moment, no matter how small.



Wait for the LORD; 
       be strong and take heart 
       and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14 

          

2 comments:

Jenny said...

praying for you, friend. he always provides.

laura said...

Psalm
13:1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

love you.